Floor mats aren’t used nearly enough in hospitals. They look great, and they make areas safer, cleaner, and look better. Here are some hints for where you can use them in hospitals.
- Entrance. This is the most obvious place to put mats. Choose mats (or let us help you choose them) that remove dirt from the bottoms of shoes and trap water, preventing water from being tracked everywhere. Consider Premier Carpet Mats for this application. They come in 48 colors to complement any design.
- Loading Dock. Delivery persons and workmen coming in the back are not going to remove their work boots. So, protect the back entrance with appropriate mats. Try Waterhog Mats for the back entrance to keep this area safe and dry.
- Visitor or Information Desk. This is a great place for a Graphic Impressions Logo Mat. While people are standing around, show them something beautiful underfoot. With an unlimited array of colors, we can reproduce your logo or motto or anything you like.
- Entrance to Laboratory or ICU. Consider Clean Room Sticky Mats for this application, which will trap dust and debris and help you keep ultra-clean areas cleaner. You simply peel off and dispose of the top layer when it becomes dirty, and there’s a fresh layer underneath.
- Kitchen Area. We have all the industry standard kitchen mats to choose from. Kitchen Mat Tiles, for example, are grease-proof and are manufactured with an anti-microbial technology. The beauty of tiles is that they can be configured for any shape needed.
- Laundry Area. There are lots of possibilities for mats in a laundry area. Rubber Drainage Mats are appropriate for wet areas. Or maybe you’d prefer some rough and tough anti-fatigue mats where employees are standing all day like UltraSoft Diamond Plate Mats with beveled edges that are perfect for both foot traffic and rolled carts.
- Patient Check-In Areas. Here’s another place where people may be standing around. Patients and their families are already nervous and uncomfortable. Why not put some Marble Top Anti-Fatigue mats there and make everyone more comfortable. These eco-friendly mats are made with 35% recycled content. Like kitchen mats, these also have anti-microbial qualities.
Make sure you have enough mats to change out dirty ones with clean ones. Mats that need cleaning will need time to be allowed to dry after they are cleaned.
The addition of a few well-placed mats will cut down on slips, trips, and falls in the workplace. Make your hospital as safe as possible by preventing dirt, water, and debris from being tracked through the halls. Mats are low-cost items that make a big difference in safety, morale, and overall look of the premises.
Do you have other questions? It’s easy to contact us, and we’re happy to help you. You can always call us at (877) 333-1018 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you aren’t sure what you need.