Once the holidays are done and gone, it’s time to start thinking about getting your pool ready for summer. Whether it’s an indoor or outdoor pool, here’s a handy checklist to get you started.
- Clean the pool. This is going to be a bigger job with outdoor pools than indoor ones. You want to vacuum up any detritus on the bottom, and use a net to scoop up anything on the surface.
- Check filter(s). Is the filter working well? Do you need any parts? Now is the time to make sure all the equipment is working right.
- Check pool chemistry. Now is the time to correct any chemistry issues that need attention. Call in a professional if necessary, now when you have time before the rush.
- Check chemical supply. Do you have everything you need? Order it now if you’re short on supplies.
- Check change or shower areas. Make sure all these areas are squeaky clean. You should have appropriate mats for locker or change areas, like Rubber Drainage Mats. The right mats for wet areas cut down on slips, trips, and falls by increasing traction. Pooling water is also a breeding ground for bacteria and fungi. Mats help you keep your pool visitors out of standing water.
- Check signage. Do you have your rules posted clearly? Does your staff understand what the rules are? Now is the time to get this done.
- Train staff. Make sure appropriate staff are certified or recertified in first aid. Have staff practice emergency situations so everyone knows what they should be doing and where they should be. Every year there are on average about 10 deaths per day of unintentional drowning in the United States.
- Outdoor furniture. If you have outdoor furniture for an outdoor pool, make sure everything is clean and in good repair. If you need new furniture, umbrellas, or umbrella canopies, order them now.
- Hiring? If you hire additional staff for the summer, start looking for them now. Don’t wait until you have a rush of people and are understaffed.
It’s never too early to plan ahead. Have a staff meeting and discuss your checklist to see if there’s anything else someone wants to add that you may have forgotten. By starting earlier than usual, you can have a safe and profitable summer pool season.
Do you have other questions? It’s easy to contact us, and we’re happy to help you. You can always call us at (877) 333-1018 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or if you aren’t sure what you need.